2. Try Cafe du Monde if you must, but don't fret if you don't get there. And certainly don't stand in a long line to go there.
3. Comfy walking shoes are a must.
4. In cooler weather dress in layers. A wind breaker type jacket with hood over a sweater and shirt is going to keep you warmer than a wool or leather coat in the wind.
5. Do the New Orleans School of Cooking. It's fantastic!
6. Get to Jackson Square early one morning before the crowds. Especially if you think you want to stop in at Cafe du Monde.
7. All museums are closed on Mondays.
8. Free Tours by Foot is a good no pressure name your own price option. Our tour was very informative.
9. Most restaurants that say casual but take reservations will have most people dressed up anyway.
10. $100/day for two is doable. $200/day person would give you more options. If you like your cocktails maybe more. We dropped $20 for one round of drinks at Pat O's.
11. Afternoon naps are your friend.
12. If you can afford it, stay in the French Quarter. But there are lots of places on the Central Business District that work as well.
That's it for now. If I think of more later I'll add to it.
Post a Comment